Hello there! My name is Melissa, and I’m a Licensed Massage Therapist, Reiki Master, and professional tarot reader in Columbia, MO.
That’s the short version.
I’m also fascinated with how Nature and people can support one another in finding healing and balance, and I practice different modalities that seek to partner with these natural energies in order to create wholeness, both in my own life and in the lives of those I am honored to serve.
I believe that each of us comes into this life with a mission–our Soul Mission–and our greatest endeavor is to reconnect with and live out that mission.
How do we do that, exactly? That question, for me, is at the heart of my spiritual path.
I see myself as a student of the Divine, in search of how to unite fully with my Soul Mission, and to help others do the same.
While the method is continually evolving, I have found tarot, energy work, and bodywork to be an especially potent trifecta in attuning with one’s Soul Mission.
- Tarot illuminates which aspect of your life is most in need of your focused attention, and why. I see tarot as a tool to uncover what your soul most wants to learn, right here, right now; and when you embrace your current learning, your soul expands and your life just flows.
- Energy work gets to the core of what’s going on in your life right now. Imagine you’re building a chair: It’s much easier to change the blueprint before you start building, as opposed to taking the chair apart once it’s already assembled. Similarly, it makes more sense to heal your energy field–your blueprint–than it is to chase after symptoms arising from off-kilter energy.
- And finally, bodywork brings you back into your sacred temple. If we’re disconnected from our body, it’s harder to manifest what we want and need in this life, and bodywork gently brings us back home to ourselves, while helping to make our body a more comfortable place to come home to!
I also work intimately with my Spirit Guides, who help me not only in my healing sessions with clients but also in my own personal journey of growth and change, for, as one of the greatest healers of all time said, “Physician, heal thyself” (Jesus, Luke 4:23). The more I evolve and shed my own obstructions, the better I am able to help clients do the same.
A quote from Emily Dickinson speaks to my approach:
“I felt it shelter to speak to you.”
In my work with clients (and in my internal work), I seek to create that shelter–shelter from judgement, blame, and shame.
My belief is that when we are able to accept ourselves fully, in all our parts, deep transformation occurs, and my intention is to provide a safe space where you can be you, where your body, mind, and soul feel safe enough to reveal what truly needs healing, so we can get to the heart of what keeps you from living your full potential rather than chasing symptoms.
And when I’m not doing energy and bodywork?
Ready to unlock your true potential? Learn more about my unique healing sessions here.
- Missouri Massage Therapist License #2016001909
- Reiki Master
- Certified Member of Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)